Thursday, January 16, 2014

100 THINGS ABOUT ME



 (first random fact of the day: One time in grade 3 these two girls did a 'science' project where they guessed their classmates gender from their feet. I was the only one they mistaked for a guy. I dance, I have beefy feet. Don't hate)

Since we're still getting acquainted with each other, I thought it would be prudent of me to pass on a GIANT list of mundane facts about me. I spend far too long reading these about other people, so it's high time I made one for myself, right? Right. Now you'll never look at me the same way again. Have funn~!

------------------------


  1. I can’t stand celery. I hate the smell, I hate the taste. It’s just one of those things I cannot deal with.

  2. I firmly believe in past lives. When I was younger I would connect with elements of them quite heavily, which is part of why I constantly feel like a grandpa. A beautiful woman who happens to be one of the most spot-on psychics I’ve ever met confirmed it for me.

  3. I don’t have a favourite colour, and get thrown in to indecision whenever I have to answer that question. At the moment, I’m really digging pinks, browns and yellows, but that will change in a bit.

  4. I’m absurdly good at keeping time. I swear I have a metrenome in me, which really helps when it comes to dance.

  5. If you hit me on the head, my eyes twitch. I have yet to meet someone who does the same thing as me. Save for dogs…

  6. Two of my most inane, yet strong passions are tea and soap. I just love them way, wayyy too much.

  7. I have been to a backstreet boys concert. And it was as great as you think it was.

  8. I won nanowrimo for the first time last year, and I couldn’t be prouder. It was one of the most satisfying things I’ve done this past year, and I plan on doing it again this year.
  9. I’m allergic to seafood. Which isn’t as sad as it seems because I can’t stand even the smell of fish to begin with. Really, I have no idea how people eat that stuff…

  10. I’ve seen the Northern Lights too many times to count, now. And yes, each time is just as magical as the last.

  11. I know how to spot about 5 different constellations in the sky. I plan on learning more this year, because it’s incredibly satisfying and magical. You see shooting stars all the time.

  12. I can read tarot cards very well. And don’t believe that garbage that you’re not supposed to read for yourself. It’s garbage. Read for whoever you want, if the cards speak to you!

  13. I firmly believe in magic. And honestly, the sad but true thing about magic is that if you don’t believe in it, you’re never going to experience it. I could write a whole article on the power of suspending disbelief and criticism, but I’ll leave it there for now.

  14. I know far too much about religion and myth. It’s one of my favourite things to read about. We have a mythology and religion book in our bathroom that I read extensively for fun. It’s one of the most satisfying things to read in the bathroom. Really.

  15. I have incredibly vivid dreams (both good and bad). I joke with my friends that I don’t ever need to do LSD or Acid - my dreams have got me covered, there and I don’t want any more. (yes, inception freaked me out)

  16. I’m addicted to fantasy anything. Throw in elves and magic and castles and I’m in. Even if it’s fish, I’d be down if it were fantasy fish. Fantasy football…ok, so not everything.

  17. I don’t get mainstream sports. Football is beyond me. Basketball and hockey and soccer and tennis…boring. The only two I can stand are baseball and curling, and that’s because my grandpa adamantly refused to give up on me with those two. Let me tell you, it was a painful process.

  18. To compliment that fact, I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination when it comes to sports. I just don’t. I cannot catch things flying at my face. No matter what it is. It will sail past me, or hit me in the face. I do not react. I think I’m part corpse.

  19. I use my feet to do almost everything. Pick things up, scratch things…I am quite excited because I’ve finally reached a level of flexibility where I can kick light-switches off. And it’s as great as it sounds.

  20. I’ve seen ghosts on a number of occasions.

  21. This one time we found a cursed menorah and took it home. The moment that thing entered the house, really, really bad things happened. Like…life-changing bad. We put it on our curb and it disappeared. Thank god.

  22. Although my taste in music is usually pretty tame (I listen to almost everything, although the majority of my music is indie rock and pop), I have an undying obsession with System of a Down. I will sing all the songs to you.

  23. I leave socks everywhere. It just happens.

  24. I adore crows. I am the type of person who will stop you and point out a crow, no matter what the situation. They’re adorable and brilliant and hilarious - don’t get me started.
  25. I play D&D. We had a group going for a while, but it fell apart. I look forward to meeting more friends who I can force to play with me.

  26. I am insanely competitive. I don’t know if it’s because I’m an only child, or what, but I hate losing. A lot.

  27. Oh yeah, I’m an only child.

  28. My partner calls me a ‘food communist’. I will eat food off of your plate, whether you want me to or not. Especially if you’re not going to eat it. I will. Food tastes better off other people’s plate (save for if it’s seafood)

  29. I don’t want to be a mother. Ever. And I find it incredibly rude when people assume otherwise, or give me that look and say ‘you will one day’. If I don’t want a baby, I don’t want a baby.

  30. As a second fact about kids - I absolutely adore kids. Just kids past like…5 years old. In fact, we have great times together, so long as we can carry conversations.

  31. I cannot stand babies. Like at all. I look terrified if I hold on, and I don’t find them cute or endearing in any way. Don’t make me hold your baby. Please, I don’t want to.

  32. I am really, really good at accents. I grew up on British TV, so now I have a misplaced accent that won’t go away. I should speak like a texan, but instead I sound like a brit. I can also do a bang on LSP impression, and my Celine Dion impression is to die for.

  33. I get inordinately sad over plants dying. I will cry over dead houseplants. The end of summer is a difficult time for me - it would be harder if autumn wasn’t my favourite season.

  34. I have a horrifying addiction to cheese. My partner’s french relatives LOVED me and my love of cheese. But really, I can’t have more than a bit of cheese in the house or I will eat it all.

  35. I get ‘hangry’. (I was so ecstatic when I discovered this word).

  36. I hate sad endings. I know the world can be a hard place, but at least let us read and watch happy things. Please. Sad things leave me moping for weeks.

  37. That being said, I can do bittersweet. Just not sad or depressing. And apparently there is a very fine line between the two. I couldn’t show it to you, but it’s there.

  38. I am terrified of potato spuds. Those creepy stalks coming out of potatoes? No bueno.

  39. I am in the process of learning how to speak fluent french. I can speak it broken right now, but it’s getting better. Hopefully by the end of the year, I’ll be fluent.

  40. I cannot think in 3D. It’s just not a skill I possess. Which is why I shy away from sculpture. It just doesn’t work out well for me, most times. My 3D work is limited to clay and that one bronze piece I made.

  41. Scientists thousands of years in the future will be studying my hand and finger prints, because I cast it in bronze. I have a bronze cast of my hand, and it’s soooo cool.

  42. I am a huge geek for art history. I get inordinately excited about it. Seriously, I’ll take you through an art gallery, and you will feel as excited as I am by the time we leave. Art history is just…there are no words for how cool it is.
  43. I have a subscription to Martha Stewart Living.

  44. My cat is better than yours. It’s just a proven fact.

  45. I’m a huge feminist.

  46. My paint of choice is Gouache - nothing matches it’s quality or strength of colour. Plus, it’s older than the hills. I like to think that I’m painting with the same stuff people painted altars with.

  47. I don’t slouch. I find it more uncomfortable that sitting up - I have no idea how people do it all the time.

  48. I have been dancing for 15 years.

  49. I am determined to get off of North America, very soon.

  50. Despite my strange love of bumblebees - I am terrified of getting stung.

  51. Let’s go further and state that I am TERRIFIED of bugs. I have the potential to be a really badass rugged outdoorswoman, if only I could get over my fear of bugs. So far I haven’t been able to. Then again, where I live, I have to deal with clouds of these, and THIS, so…

  52. I adore ballet. I wish it was more inclusive so that more people could discover how wonderful it is. Until then, I’m content with teaching myself.

  53. If I could have a magical power, it would be flying, no contest. I have flying dreams all the time, and they’re the best.

  54. I secretly wish anime and musicals would merge together. It would be the most brilliant, mind-blowing gaudy festival anyone has ever seen, and it would be great.

  55. I will watch Hayao Miyazaki movies forever. Really. I put that shit on all the time. It turns even the most awful day in to something beautiful and magical and wonderful.

  56. My other favourite movies include Stardust, Whip it and Sherlock Holmes.

  57. My room is purple and I wish it wasn’t. I hope to get out of it soon enough, even though I’m pretty sure it’s still nicer than your room (when the clothes are picked up off the floor).

  58. I can draw hands really good. I struggle with the body as a whole, but hands? I can draw you a billion hands without a problem. Feet are getting better, until I have to put them on someone.

  59. I love birds. I am working on getting a bird feeder that will attract more birds, because they’re GREAT. I collect feathers.

  60. I have a few strange collections - feathers, Wade Whimsies, crystals, mail art and too many books.

  61. I wake up instantly. I hate lying around in bed, and I cannot stay in my pajamas after 10.

  62. I have a huge scar on my head from when a snow globe fell on it and sliced my scalp open. I had to get 19 stitches to close it up, and now I have a cool scar from it.

  63. I want to meet the Dalai Lama. It’s one of my dreams.

  64. I have a deep connection to trees. I find them beautiful and really, really calming. They are one of nature’s most intuitive designs.

  65. I have found fossils and arrowheads before, and I feel like an archaeologist because of it.

  66. I taught myself how to crochet.

  67. I really like spicy, exotic foods. I’m the first to suggest weird, strange restaurants. The crazier the better.

  68. One time we went to a blind restaurant and it was the best thing ever.

  69. I find unintended technical difficulties the funniest ever. Computer glitches make me laugh until I cry.

  70. I think I intimidate the people in my life when I send them emails because they’re always long and well-worded.

  71. That’s because Partner and I were in a long distance relationship for 3 years, so communicating online isn’t really a problem for me.

  72. People say I’m loud like it’s a bad thing. I love that I’m loud and I don’t plan on stopping.

  73. I have a strong desire to change the world. By the time I’m old, I fully intend to be in history books. It’s gonna happen.

  74. I have synesthesia - which is essentially when two senses are crossed together in really strange ways. I’ll spare you the exact names: I can see sound, taste words and I see numbers on a physical plane in front of me (which made math absolute misery for me).

  75. I also have an eidetic memory. I can recall uncanny things, and I’ve never had trouble in school, as I can read a textbook and recall the most important things.

  76. I get excited over art supplies. The other week I found out I have a sable hair brush I never knew about. I nearly died and now I can’t stop looking at it and touching it.

  77. I own a pair of old-school snowshoes that I know how to use. They’re about 5 feet tall.

  78. I look almost identical to my grandmother when she was young.

  79. I can find creative solutions to really stupid things. If you can’t figure something out, I’m your girl to suggest 57 different things that you probably don’t want to try. I tend to frustrate people because I don’t see problems as problems.

  80. I am determined to be kinder to myself. Negative self talk is poisonous.

  81. I find hardcore hipsters hilarious. I mean, where we are, Partner and I are pretty hipster-ish, but I can’t do the REAL hipsters. They make me giggle.

  82. I don’t drink or do drugs, and don’t plan on it. Water - the drink of champions.

  83. That being said, I’m totally pro-sex. Do it, just don’t be stupid about it, please!

  84. Through my short life, I have been a Christian, a Fairy, a witch, a Buddhist and a Jew. At the moment I think I’m a combination of all five.

  85. When I was little, I thought I could control the wind.

  86. I was also scared of pencil shavings. Thankfully I got over that one, but if I don’t like you, watch out for tornadoes. ;)

  87. I own a pair of moccasins and they are the greatest things in the world.

  88. Somewhere deep down, I wish I could live like a pioneer. Save for the whole bug thing, which I think I’d get over. Maybe I’ll give it a try when I travel.

  89. I want to travel the entire world. This TV show is a HUGE inspiration to me.

  90. I am dying to try LARPing. I really, really want to do it.

  91. I really dig collage. It’s one of my favourite mediums to work in, and I worked a lot with it when I was in university.

  92. I really want to go back to school, but I firmly believe that the North American post-secondary schooling system is BROKEN. I can wait until it fixes itself.

  93. I own at least 8 different types of glue and over 25 different writing implements. Oh, the life of an artist.

  94. I acted in all of our high school musicals - I absolutely adore singing and have a huge range when I sing regularly. At the moment it’s quite low, but I’ve been known to do soprano if I’m feeling keen, too.

  95. Oh, I forgot to mention my obsession with collecting blankets. A good blanket is priceless, and I have about 9 of them.

  96. I’ve never ridden a horse, but I really want to.

  97. I know far too much about Japan and Japanese culture. That’s what I get for watching Japanese comedy - you pick up on a lot.

  98. I find animals to be the funniest things in the world. Who needs comedians when you have a turkey stalking a news reporter, or a cow that says hi? Really. I find that a million times better than crude rape jokes.

  99. I cannot STAND American comedy, or a lot of their TV, to be honest. I just stare blankly and frown. Sometimes it makes me feel superior, other times it makes me feel like an automaton.

  100. Secretly I am a grouchy old Asian man. I'm sorry for making you think otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment